Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
We’re officially in the Dog Days of summer! And with that, we may notice some changes to our hair. Whether it’s the texture, dullness of color, dryness, or oiliness, our hair needs a little extra TLC during those sunny summer days. To conserve the integrity of our hair, Tangerine has got you covered with some essential tips/products to maintain healthy and vibrant hair all summer long.
One of the most important things you could do to prevent damage is to use products that protect your hair prior to sun exposure. With this in mind, Aveda’s Sun Care line is an ideal first step towards protecting your hair!
Sun Care Protective Hair Veil
* Spray evenly on dry or damp hair before and during sun exposure. Start with small amount and layer as needed—do not saturate hair. Reapply after swimming.
Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser
* Apply on wet hair and body and work into a creamy lather. Rinse. Use daily or whenever hair is exposed to sun, salt and chlorine.
TAKE A BEAT FROM THE HEAT
As much as we love a good blow-out, too much heat on the hair is never good. We recommend using less heat during those hot summer months to reduce additional harm to the hair. Instead, opt for a less damaging approach with heatless styles!
SKIP SHAMPOO (...a few times a week)
Our scalp produces a natural oil called Sebum that protects our scalp from bacteria and infection. While the purpose of shampooing is to capture dirt and product residue, it’s also trapping access oils that your scalp needs. Over-shampooing can make your hair feel dry and dull. Here are a couple of our favorite products for pro-longing your wash!
Shampure Dry Conditioner
* Shake well. Holding bottle 6-8 inches away, spray lightly onto dry hair, focusing on mid-lengths to ends. Follow with heat device of your choice for a more polished look. Style as desired.
Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner
Shake well. Holding bottle 6-8 inches away, spray lightly onto dry hair, focusing on mid-lengths to ends. Follow with heat device of your choice for a more polished look. Style as desired.
Be Curly Co-Wash
* Apply a generous amount of co-wash onto wet hair where you need conditioning most—from mid-length to ends—then work toward the roots.
* Massage into your scalp
* Make sure you've covered your curls completely, then rinse. Repeat if needed.
* Follow with be curly™ intensive detangling masque or conditioner—and be curly™ styling products, for perfect curls.
CONDITION LIKE CRAZY
What better way to hydrate your hair than with a conditioning masque. Aveda’s Sun Care After-Sun Masque is made for hydrating sun-damaged hair. Apply this masque weekly or whenever hair is exposed to sun, salt, and chlorine.
Sun Care After-Sun Masque
* Use after shampooing with sun care hair and body cleanser. Apply evenly to damp hair, roots to ends. Leave in 2–5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Use weekly or whenever hair is exposed to sun, salt and chlorine.
QUENCH YOUR THIRST
Last but certainly not least, make sure to hydrate by drinking lots of water! Water is vital towards maintaining healthy skin, including the scalp. Staying hydrated fights against those pesky little flakes known as dandruff.