Elevate Up! - Dallas Pop-Up Hair Show at Tangerine Salon
Elevate Up - The Cutting Edge of Education
Tangerine hosts a new kind of hair event
Elevate Hair is the newest trend in styling classes for cosmetologists, but it is also so much more. According to their site, www.elev8hair.com, “Elevate brings together the community of hairdressers for inspiration, music, performance and education. It is an opportunity for the artists of the community to showcase their work, express themselves creatively, and inspire their community.”
Always staying on top of the trends, Tangerine wanted to partner with Tatum Neill – the Elevate Hair concept is his brain-child – to bring this fun new event to Dallas.
Tangerine hosted a pop-up Elevate event in early August and had a great turnout! Several of Tangerine’s stylists styled hair at the event and other local stylists from a wide-variety of salons were also on hand to demonstrate their talents. Everything from an upstyle to hair etching to editorial drag makeup was on display.
Tangerine Stylists & Their Creations:
- Theresa O'Brien - Master Stylist in Coppell - Rose Gold Sunset Hair Color
- John Ball - Senior Stylist in Dallas - Editorial Drag Makeup
- Sarah Heng - Master Stylist in Dallas - Hair Etching Tattoo
- Jill Ottinger - Senior Stylist in Highland Village - Braided Upstyle
- Bobbi Willmon - Education Director & Master Stylist in Highland Village - Textured Upstyle
Guest Artists & Their Creations:
- Tatum Neill - Producer of Elevate Events + Stylist at Paris Parker Salon in NOLA - Creative Haircut
- Beau Bollinger - Beau Bollinger Hairdressing in Dallas, TX - Razor Haircut
- Aaron Johnson - Stylist and Founder of The Collective in Tulsa, OK / Aveda Pure-Fessional Educator - Creative Haircut
- Madeline Cates - Stylist at The Creative Studio in Tulsa, OK - Electric Blue Haircolor & Creative Haircut
In addition to those whose work was featured, stylists from around the metroplex and other industry insiders attended the event to see some of the latest trends in everything to do with hair styling.
As the stylist performed their skills at stations throughout the salon, the DJ had great music playing and the bartender kept the wine glasses full. As guests mixed and mingled with one another, they were also encouraged to engage with the stylists and ask questions. There was no lecturer or lengthy speech given, only natural conversation and answers to the questions you wanted to know.
Elevate is definitely about the casual, comfortable feel to inspire the stylists and encourage bonding among those in attendance. The night was a huge success of bringing the Dallas hairstyling community together, highlighting upcoming trends in both cut and color, and showcasing the talent that is found right here in the big D!
A big thank you is owed to the Elevate Hair team for partnering with Tangerine to bring this amazing event to Dallas, TX!
If you are looking for a new stylist or a salon to work for, the Elevate Up! event is just one of the many reasons why Tangerine is the place for you. Always staying on top of the latest trends, inspiring creativity among the stylists, and the professionalism in which Tangerine treats its staff and clients... well, you can’t beat a place like this!